CCPA Privacy Notice
For California Residents
Effective Date: April 15, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers. Such as a name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). Such as name, address, telephone number, and frequent flyer account information.
- Internet or other similar network activity. Such as browsing history, search history, information on your interaction with a website, application or advertisement.
- Geolocation data. Such as physical location or movements.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Geolocation data
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides Residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Access Specific Information and Data Portability Right
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, the business purpose for which Personal Information was disclosed, and the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the access, data portability and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Completing our Verifiable Consumer Request Webform (https://www.staging.miles4migrants.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Verifiable-Consumer-Request-Form-for-CCPA-04.15.20.pdf) and then emailing the completed form to: [email protected]
Or you can print and physically mail the form to us at: Miles4Migrants, 3629 Laurel Street, New Orleans, LA 70115
You can also call us at: (504) 300-9365
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make such a request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative, and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response electronically. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Emailing us at: [email protected]
Phone: (504) 300-9365
Mail: Miles4Migrants, 3629 Laurel Street, New Orleans, LA 70115